Promoting entertainment – discouraging irresponsible gaming
What is the Responsible Gaming initiative?
Reeltastic Casino takes measures to implement procedures which help to prevent the abuse of gambling. Gaming is an excellent form of online entertainment enjoyed by millions of people every day. The vast majority of gamblers enjoy their experience and do not encounter any issues. It is the case however that some people often become addicted to online gaming that involves gambling. We recognise this and take every step possible to strongly discourage this issue.
What symptoms should you look out for?
Gambling can be addictive in the same way that alcohol or drugs can be. Losing a little more than you had hoped at the casino is not going to drastically damage your life however losing significant sums of money on a regular basis is a sign that you or someone you know is suffering from compulsive gambling and possibly an addiction. This type of gambling addiction can result in massive disruption in several areas of live such as mental health, physical health, social issues and family relationship. Problem gambling is most common among young men and can begin later in women.
It’s often said that prevention is the best medicine in any medical issue however it can be very difficult to prevent an addictive behaviour from developing. If you have close relatives who have had problem with gambling in the past then you should be especially cautious.
Take a look at the questions below and decide if they apply to you.
• Have you ever lost time at work or school due to gambling?
• Has gambling affected your home life negatively?
• Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
• Have you ever gambled to gain money needed to solve financial difficulty?
• Has gambling caused a decrease in your ambition or productivity?
• After losing, have you ever felt an urge to come back as soon as possible to win your funds back?
• After winning have you had a strong urge to keep playing to win more?
• Do you ever gamble until all your money is spent?
• Have you ever borrowed money to finance gambling?
• Have you ever sold your belongings to finance gambling?
• Have you ever been reluctant to use ‘gambling money’ for normal expenses?
• Has gambling made you careless regarding the welfare of you or your family?
• Have you ever gambled for longer than you planned?
• Have you ever gambled to escape other worries or trouble in life?
• Have you ever broke the law or considered doing so to finance gambling?
• Has gambling ever caused you to lose sleep?
• Do disappointments, conflicts or frustrations ever give you an urge to gamble?
• Do you ever have an urge to celebrate by gambling?
• Have you ever considered committing suicide or self harming as a result of gambling?
If you answered “Yes” to one or more of these questions then you may consider contacting one of the following organisations for free and confidential advice.
• Global Gambling Guidance Group - www.gx4.com
• Gordon Moody Association – www.gordonmoody.org.uk
• Gambling Therapy – www.gamblingtherapy.org
• GamCare – www.gamcare.org.uk